Serving Christ on the Summer Ministry Team (SMT)
When: May 27-August 14 (Approximately)
Where: 30 miles north of Tyler, TX, near the town of Hawkins
What I Do: Serve campers and fellow staff members. Typically, this includes life guarding at swim time each afternoon, facilitating low challenge course elements each morning, and working in the dish room and dining room during each meal. At the end of each camp, Summer Staff cleans and prepares Brookhaven for the next group.
- Summer Staff salary is based on position.
- While the camp is in operation, Summer Staff works in shifts
- Meals and housing are provided for the entire summer while camp is in session.
- We provide lifeguard and ropes course certification during Training Week.
- Nightly activities solely for staff designed for fun, fellowship and growth.
- 1) Serving others while exhibiting a humble, teachable spirit.
- 2) Showing kids what it looks like to walk with Christ.
- 3) Knowing God so that you might glorify Him.
- 4) Growing in wisdom and experience.
- 5) Forging lasting friendships with your peers.
Most nights at Brookhaven, we have a different devotion or activity with the intent of sharpening one another in our faith. These times together vary among group studies, worship, games, nights out and private devotion times.
Come join us this summer. See what God can do!